The best projects per category (Urban Mobility, Energy & Emission, Culture & Tourism, Collaborative City, Health & Wellness) will form the 15 finalists of the Smart City Hack that will be invited to present at the Smart City Expo and compete for the final big prizes. Timeline and deadlines for project submission vary from city to city. Please check the timeline of the city of your choice (in the "Who is involved" section) in order to know more.
- To participate in this challenge you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and the conditions defined in the AppCircus Terms of Service (the platform that will be used for the final app submission).
- Valid submissions are those covering one or more of the 5 areas described in the Challenges section
- You can join the challenge at any time prior to the final project submission to get mentoring and create/improve your project.
- Participation is open to any developer or firm. Apps, Web Apps, hardware based IoT projects of ANY platform are all considered valid.
- The intellectual rights derived from the project belong to its creator (person, team or company).
- In order to be able to receive the final prize(s), apps must be available in the Store of the platform for which they are developed by the end of the submission deadline. IoT projects must be available in a proof-of-concept, demo format, easy to evaluate by the jury.
- Addresses the problem statement(s) and solves a real user’s needs
- Quality of user interface
- Technical and operational feasibility
- Economic and financial sustainability
- Creativity and innovation
- Use of the resources required to apply for one of the special prizes (Open Data sets etc.)
NOT permitted submissions
- Apps or other projects offensive to public or private institutions
- Primarily political, sectarian or religious in nature
- Discriminatory to any person or group of persons.
- Related to weapons/ammunition, tobacco, or adult-oriented